Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Yellow Angry Bird Cupcake Cake

My son loves Angry Birds and wanted a birthday cake with the theme for his party. He originally requested the bomb bird, but I had visions of kids with mouths stained in black frosting and told him I could do the yellow bird for him.

I decided to make it as simple as possible, I would do a cupcake-cake, since he is turning five and there would be a bunch of kids. It worked out great, every kid got a cupcake, and other than a little initial arguing about who would get the other "eye" cupcake (Alex got one), they loved it. This cake uses 21 cupcakes, so make two dozen and you'll have a few extra to munch on!

Due to time constraints, I used a yellow cake mix from the box for the cupcakes. I did make the frosting, and used Martha Stewart's vanilla buttercream frosting recipe. I NEVER use the 6-8 cups of confectioner's sugar that is recommended. I stick with about 5 and it is more than sweet enough!








No comments: